Guide for Choosing Best Elk Hunting Boots
Buying best elk hunting boots is quite a different experience as compared to buying any other casual shoes. You need them for hunting elks so they must have a lot of special features that can ease your hunting experience. They must enable you to run, walk and hike comfortably. Here we have reviewed some best boots for elk hunting comprehensively to guide you well in choosing the best for you.
Quick Comparison of Some BEST ELK HUNTING BOOTS
**There's more info below, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Why to Choose Hunting Boots for Elk Hunting
Hunting is a task full of adventures. Being a professional hunter is not the answer. A lot depends on what you carry with yourself and how comfortable you are with it. There are a lot of reasons why we recommend you choosing the best elk hunting boots.
- Perfect for walking, running and hiking
- Give outstanding results on the ridges
- Provides traction which any other shoes don’t have
- Insulation to protect from severity of weather
- Breathable design that actually let the feet breathe
- Waterproof/debris proof
- Antibacterial quality/odor shield
Buying Guide for Elk Hunting Boots
Before you buy a pair of best boots for elk hunting, it’s good to remember a few points:
- Weather: What are the weather conditions, you are going to hunt in. Normally, elk hunting takes place in fall season with cold, snowy and rainy weather conditions. The boots must feature insulation to keep your feet warm and dry.
- Material: Elk hunting boots are available in rubber, leather, fabric and nylon. Look for the environmental conditions and choose the one for you. For example, hunting in areas with creeks and dampness, rubber hunting boots are best. As they make sure you do not get slipped.
- Physical Activity: your choice of buying the hunting boots also depends on the amount of physical activity. If it involves a constant movement (high blood circulation), you need footwear with less insulation and vice versa.
- Height: The most common height ranges from 8 to 10 inches. There are some ranging from 13 to 18 inches long. These are best for the wild areas to protect you from snake bites or for moving in deep water.
- Perfect fit: Try them with any socks of yours. The pair that fits perfectly with socks is the one for you.
- Remove the dirt well with damp cloth each time after using in dry conditions
- Use leather protector and natural seal
- Nubuck leather must be cleaned with a soft brush
- If they are muddy, rinse them well and dry them indoors
- Once dried, apply oil or wax conditioner (for leather only)
Q: Do the hunting boots come with warranty?
Ans. Yes! You have around 12 months’ warranty for any type of manufacturing defects.
Q: How to maintain them? Any easy way?
Ans: Rinse them well with warm water mixed with mild detergent. Once dried apply silicone based protectant.
Best Hunting Boots for Elk Hunting
#1 - Irish Setter Men's 860 Elk Tracker Waterproof
Made of leather in laced up style, the manufacturers have designed them for competing severe weather conditions like extreme hot weather or spine chilling cold. These hunting boots with synthetic sole are manufactured to deal with them all.
- Waterproof: A Gore-Tex lining makes them 100% waterproof. A shock absorbing powerful synthetic sole makes it one of the best elk hunting boots.
- Scent-Ban Technology: The exclusively designed scent control process keeps the feet free-of-odor. It has the capacity to kill the bacteria that causes odor.
- Comfortable: The naturally breathable sole makes it an easy-to-carry item. You can swiftly run, walk or hike in these ultra-versatile trackers.
- Weather-friendly: Manufactured with a built in 1000g 3M Thinsulate Ultra insulation, warm and cozy feet are guaranteed.
- Bulls Eye Rubber Outsole: An aggressive bulls eye rubber outsole and multi-directional lugs make sure the user gets the best balance while walking and hiking.
- This heavy duty tracker is perfect for staying dry, warm while still being comfortable. Those, demanding for high-performance must think about this item.
#2 - LaCrosse Men's 8" Silencer HD Hunting Boot
The powerful looks with D ring laced up hardware and solid sole, make it a must have for the hunters out there. The inside of the shoes has a padded collar around the ankle to give you a cushioned feel whole day long.
These hunting boots can surely be categorized as one of the best hunting boots. The rubber outsole provides tractions on different types of surfaces.
- Weather Resistant: The hunting boots are skillfully manufactured with a 1000g thinsulate ultra. It would keep your feet warm and cozy in snow or rain.
- Dry Core Lining: Made with fabric and leather, the dry core lining over it guarantees complete dryness and no moisture getting in.
- 3D pattern Design: The boots are made in special camouflage print. The 3D pattern and the natural colors easily get mingled in different habitats.
- Texture: The slip-resistant shoes are made with pure suede leather and the upper part with abrasion-resistant Cordura nylon.
- Lightweight: A lightweight platform with multi-directional low profile lugs, make sure you have complete swiftness while hunting.
- 3D printing makes preying easy and a cushioned
inside,makes sure you get protection during long hours of walking.
#3 - Irish Setter Men's 882 Elk Tracker
The product is surely one of the best elk hunting boots as it features removable Comfort Cork EVA Footbed with Memory Foam that guarantees you ease and comfort. Steel support shank is a plus.
These lace up shoes with synthetic Air bob aggressive sole provide brilliance in traction and keeps your feet light weighed. The shock absorbance technology makes it a perfect choice for hunting in the wild.
- Scent Ban: No worries of feet odor as this elk tracker has scent control process as a part of its leather, linings and footbeds. It kills the bacteria that causes odor.
- Gore-Tex Technology: No matter how damp location you are hunting in, the Gore-Tex technology keeps the shoes 100% water resistant.
- Ultimate Insulation: 3M™ Thinsulate™ ensures warm and cozy feet in the spine-chilling cold.
- With so many cool features for the additional comfort of the user, the breathable and anti-bacterial product must be tried.
#4 - Bogs Men's Classic High Camo Winter Snow Boot
It’s one of the best boots for elk hunting by Bogs. The manufacturers guarantee the ultimate comfort and warmth in hazardous weather conditions. Made with high quality rubber, the product is fully waterproof.
- Long Boots: The solid, long rubber, hunting boots guarantee a dry and comforting experience in the places like creeks and snow drifts.
- Patterned Overlay: The leafy and mossy print over the shoe makes it look like a part of the natural habitat.
- Weather Resistant: Advanced features like Neoprene upper and moisture-wicking removable sockliner ensure feet protection from heat and odor.
- Rubber Outsole: These are best hunting boots for hunting in the damp locations. As non-slip rubber outsole ensures perfect grip on slippery and wet surfaces.
- These snow boots make sure you get a dry and waterproof hunting experience. With a rubber sole, it gives nice grip on the slippery and wet surfaces.
Hunting without the proper gear is out of question. Especially when we talk of elk hunting, it requires a lot of force and energy. Out on a hunt for elks, best elk hunting boots would make a lot of difference in your adventure.